Skip to main content

While You Were Sleeping Filming Locations Part 1

For order to be implemented in my life (LOL), I'll be posting the While You Were Sleeping Filming Locations per episode. This is going to be a lot easier for me, although a little complicated to follow for my readers. Earlier posts may be constantly updated so please do follow my blog for updates! Tags will be made available so don't worry, guys. I got chu :*~~~~


1. HAN JAE CHAN'S HOUSE: Jungang-ro, Chuncheon, Gangwon Province



Actual address: 57 Jungang-ro, 67beon-gil, Chuncheon, Gangwon Province 

This is the house where Jaechan (Jongsuk) lives with his brother. In front of it is the house of Hong Joo (Suzy) and her mother reside. Quite a tricky place to reach but it's manageable from the main highway. 


2. BUS STOP: Gongji-ro, Chuncheon, Gangwon Province


Address: 387 Gongji-ro, Chuncheon, Gangwon-do

So this is where the first encounter between Jae Chan (Lee Jongsuk) and Hong Joo (Suzy) happened. Remember the 'assuming' scene? This is where it happened. However, the shed is missing, right? 

Unlike in the While You Were Sleeping Episode 1 scene, this Korean drama filming location has no shed. I honestly think it was set up by the production team as props. Yet, I'm pretty sure this one's accurate. It is quite far from the houses but may be reached by foot from Jungang-ro. It is in the main highway.



3. FLOWER SHOP: Flower Shop Bud, Mapo, Seoul


Actual Address: 1-ho 102-dong 152 Gongdok Park-jai, Baekbeom-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul

On Valentines' Day, Yoo Bum (Lee Sangyeob) went to a flower shop to buy a bouquet for his date with Hongjoo. He bought it from this flower shop in Mapo, Seoul. It is located in an apartment complex just beside the road so it's easy to find. 

For more pictures on the shop's interior, you can visit this site.


4. DATE VENUE (OUTSIDE): Comf Tree Restaurant, Paju, Gyeonggi Province


Actual Address: 37-31 Heyri Art Village, Tanhyeon-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi Province

In order to stop Hongjoo's impending accident, Jaechan went to their date venue which is the Comf Tree Restaurant in Gyeonggi Province. Ahh... This drama has jumped from one place to another for their filming locations since episode 1. I thought it's going to film in Gangwon mostly but no, there has to be Gyeonggi. :)

For more photos, you can visit this site.

Now allow me to reminisce. LOL. Heyri Art Village is one of my favorite places to locate in Gyeonggi. It is a huge place, much like a park and an open-air gallery for people who enjoy architectural displays. It is safe to say that the buildings were designed with full aesthetics in mind, although some may appear a bit old already.

Nonetheless, this Art Village is one of my soon-to-be South Korea tour destinations.

5. DATE VENUE (INSIDE): Farmer's Table, Paju-si, Gyeonggi Province



Actual Address: 37-31 Heyri Art Village, Tanhyeon-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi Province

Instead of filming inside the Comf Tree Restaurant, the scene shifted to the Farmer's Table in the same village in Gyeonggi. It is where Hongjoo and Yoobum dined for their Valentine's Date. Check this link out to see more pictures. You'll get to see the menu there, too, which I found particularly cheap for a restaurant like this.

For you to see the distance between the two restaurants, look at the map below:




So this post is getting too image heavy already but I'll be putting up more follow-up entries for While You Were Sleeping as soon as I can again! It won't take me another year, I promise!



IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Wrong with Secretary Kim Filming Locations [IMAGE HEAVY!]

I know I have promised to ID Korean drama filming locations of another Korean drama but I just can't help it with this one. Entitled What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, it is a story of Lee Yongjun ( Park Seojun ), the egoistical and very self-centered vice chairman of the Yunmyung Group, and his secretary, Kim Miso ( Park Minyoung ). So the vice chairman had been very, very dependent on his secretary so when she decided to resign, it took him by surprise and all hell breaks loose. LOL The drama casted KPOP idols Kim Yewon (Jewelry) and Hwang Chansung (2PM) too and I think they're doing good in their current field. <3 I can't help but laugh everytime I see Chansung on my screen. Watch the drama to know why. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The whole story was apparently based on a manga and it's a must to watch this one. It has a light story, and will definitely make you wonder at some points. So it got me hooked easily. And when I get hooked, the locations should b

[Doctor Stranger/닥터 이방인] The Real Myeongwoo Hospital

second photo from kiis3300@Naver International St. Mary's Hospital ( 국제성모병원) Simgoklo 100-gil, 25 Seo-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City 인천 서구 심곡로100번길 25 Three episodes and I'm getting hooked. Putting Lee Jongsuk, Park Haejin and Kang Sora in one drama seems like a fatal thing to me. I love all of them!!! So yeah, I'll be ID-ing Doctor Stranger seriously now. And we'll start with this hospital. As said, it's the International St. Mary's Hospital in Incheon. In the drama, it's named as the Myeongwoo Hospital where Haejin and Sora works. It's quite a big facility considering that it has a housing facility for the residents (Maris Stella) and a mall with an indoor golf course (Wellbeing Mall) within its complex. Amazing, right? I knew all those because of their website. LOL. Visit it here . There's an English feature. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

[EXO Showtime] EXO Sehun and Kai at Moon Guesthouse

2nd photo from TripAdvisor Moon Guesthouse 87-1 Unni-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울 종로구 운니동 87-1) Aside from going to Seoul, one of my ultimate dreams in life is to stay in a hanok, a traditional Korean house. Since April Kisses days (I was in high school back then!), I have really loved its structure and I even dreamed of living in one. Hehe. Anyway, this is where Sehun and Kai went to for their funny clip in EXO Showtime Episode 8. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.