Skip to main content

What is Wrong with Secretary Kim Filming Locations [IMAGE HEAVY!]


I know I have promised to ID Korean drama filming locations of another Korean drama but I just can't help it with this one. Entitled What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, it is a story of Lee Yongjun (Park Seojun), the egoistical and very self-centered vice chairman of the Yunmyung Group, and his secretary, Kim Miso (Park Minyoung). So the vice chairman had been very, very dependent on his secretary so when she decided to resign, it took him by surprise and all hell breaks loose. LOL

The drama casted KPOP idols Kim Yewon (Jewelry) and Hwang Chansung (2PM) too and I think they're doing good in their current field. <3 I can't help but laugh everytime I see Chansung on my screen. Watch the drama to know why. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The whole story was apparently based on a manga and it's a must to watch this one. It has a light story, and will definitely make you wonder at some points. So it got me hooked easily. And when I get hooked, the locations should be found.













When I saw this drama, the house was the first thing I easily noticed. All these locations were filmed in the famed village in the town of Neungseo in Yeoju City and are owned by the Maiim Group. It is a popular Korean drama filming location, and if you've been a fan of Korean dramas for long, you can easily identify that the living room scenes are shot from the house which was used in Secret Garden with Hyun Bin and Ha Jiwon. :)

Photo from Maiim Vision Village Official Website


For more pictures, here's a nice blog with photos of Maiim Vision Village which you can visit.

Basically, there are different houses in the village, all of which boasts really terrific architectural style and interior designs. So the drama actually used several houses to film different scenes.


2. CJ BLOSSOM PARK
  • Address: 55 Gwangyo-ro 42-beongil, Yeongtung-gu, Suwon City, Gyeonggi Province 



Although I'm not entirely sure about the interior office scenes, I am certain that the exterior sequences were filmed in Suwon City in Gyeonggi, at CJ Blossom Park. The building is a renowned structure hailed as the Best New Laboratory in the World just this April 2018. Yup, it's a building dedicated for researches, experiments, and all. That's South Korea for you, man.




3. RAUM SOCIAL VENUE




In Episode 1, Vice Chairman Lee and the stunning Secretary Kim went to a party hosted by the newly-designated Spanish ambassador. The scene was filmed in RAUM SOCIAL VENUE. It is located in Gangnam District and is quite a popular shooting site for Korean dramas. In fact, the famous confession scene of Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) to Kim Miyoung (Jang Nara) for Fated to Love You was filmed here.

And how will I ever forget the venue of the first Super Junior member to wed? LOL
For more pictures, visit this blog.


4. GRAND HYATT HOTEL

    If you remember the scene in the first episode when Vice Chairman Lee called Secretary Kim to driver for him, the car was parked in front of the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Yongsan District in Seoul. 

    Although it bears a globally recognized name, this Seoul hotel still looks distinct to me because it is located near the famous Namsan Tower. I don't know if I'm making enough sense but I really like this filming location.



    5. UNEXPECTED COMBINATION (의외의조합)
    • Address: 121 Dongho-ro 17-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul



    In the Korean drama, Kim Miso lives in an apartment located in a very quaint street. Maybe it's the lights or the character of the place? But it's really beautiful there. And I really love how location scouts of these productions get to find beautiful buildings for their dramas. But then, this is South Korea we're talking about. The whole country is a gallery. LOL

    So yes, this is where Secretary Kim lives. It's actually a store called "Unexpected Combination" and I think it fits the two characters of the drama well. <3 Good job, prod team! :)




    6. EVERLAND AMUSEMENT PARK

    • Address: Pogok-eup, Cheoin-gu, Yongin City, Gyeonggi Province
    • OFFICIAL WEBSITE


    The first date - if you can call it that - happened in an amusement park, right? It's in the famous Everland Amusement Park in Gyeonggi Province. It is practically one of the largest outdoor amusement parks in South Korea and is definitely world-class. A lot of Korean dramas used this as a filming location and it's no wonder why. The park is home to different themed attractions, a zoo, a botanical garden, and a lot more.

    Personally, it is one of the destinations I really want to visit when I finally get to South Korea. HAHAHAHAHA.

    Photos from Everland Facebook Page

    7. SKY BRIDGE (HANEUL BRIDGE)
    • Bidulginang-gil, Yeongbuk-myeon, Pocheon City, Gyeonggi Province



    In episode 7, when the team went for a 2D1N trip to a healing camp, the vice chairman went uninvited. But it turned out exciting because of the sweet moments between Youngjun and Secretary Kim. And one of my most favorite scenes happened in the suspension bridge which is actually the SKY BRIDGE or Haneul Bridge in Gyeonggi. It's just a small suspension bridge which is quite famous among those who tour Korea because of the amazing view. It crosses a river which you can see as a part of the bridge floor was made out of glass.

    I couldn't find an official website so I took a photo out of a Korean blog I saw. Credits to lyu1388@Naver! You guys can check out her blog for other photos of the bridge.






    NOTE: There are more locations I need to add here. So this post is going to be edited until I realize that there should be another. LOL. I gave a warning that it's image heavy, okay?


    IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    [Doctor Stranger/닥터 이방인] The Real Myeongwoo Hospital

    second photo from kiis3300@Naver International St. Mary's Hospital ( 국제성모병원) Simgoklo 100-gil, 25 Seo-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City 인천 서구 심곡로100번길 25 Three episodes and I'm getting hooked. Putting Lee Jongsuk, Park Haejin and Kang Sora in one drama seems like a fatal thing to me. I love all of them!!! So yeah, I'll be ID-ing Doctor Stranger seriously now. And we'll start with this hospital. As said, it's the International St. Mary's Hospital in Incheon. In the drama, it's named as the Myeongwoo Hospital where Haejin and Sora works. It's quite a big facility considering that it has a housing facility for the residents (Maris Stella) and a mall with an indoor golf course (Wellbeing Mall) within its complex. Amazing, right? I knew all those because of their website. LOL. Visit it here . There's an English feature. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

    [EXO Showtime] EXO Sehun and Kai at Moon Guesthouse

    2nd photo from TripAdvisor Moon Guesthouse 87-1 Unni-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울 종로구 운니동 87-1) Aside from going to Seoul, one of my ultimate dreams in life is to stay in a hanok, a traditional Korean house. Since April Kisses days (I was in high school back then!), I have really loved its structure and I even dreamed of living in one. Hehe. Anyway, this is where Sehun and Kai went to for their funny clip in EXO Showtime Episode 8. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.