Skip to main content

[Doctors] The Hospital


Gacheon University Gil Hospital 
(가천의길병원)
21 774 Beon-gil, Namdongdae-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon
(인천 남동구 남동대로774번길 21)

It has been so long!

So after my fucking long hiatus, here goes the first post: the hospital where most of the scenes for the medical Korean drama DOCTORS were filmed.

Yep! This is where Park Shinhye (Hye Jung) and Kim Raewon (Ji Hong) met again as doctors, this time, and where most of their story unfolded. It is the hospital whose chairman is the adoptive father of Ji Hong.

Obviously, it has been so long since I put something on this blog so finding its location was quite a challenge again. It really felt like I went back to step one, so bear with me if I'm not going to be able to give a detailed direction on how to get there.


Nevertheless, let me try.


HOW TO GET TO THE GACHEON UNIVERSITY GIL HOSPITAL?


This primary Doctors Filming Location is located a block away from the Incheon Metropolitan City Hall. So basically, it's in center of the city and is probably easy to get to. 

I don't urge everyone to trust my directions but if you're willing to take the risk, know that this Korean hospital may be reached via train through the Arts Center Station in Incheon Line 1 (Light Blue Line).
If you're Seoul, you need to ride the Line 1 Subway (Dark Blue Line) from any Seoul subway station like Seoul, Namyeong, Yongsan and Yeongdeungpo Stations.
This subway line will intersect the Incheon Line 1 through Bupyeong Station so that's when you'll have to get off the train and switch lines to get to the Arts Center Station.

Actually, getting off the Incheon Metropolitan City Hall Station will bring you to the Korean drama filming location but I honestly think that getting off the first suggested stop will require you lesser time in walking. Unless, of course, you wish to rent a taxi. 

Anyway, get out of Arts Center Station through EXIT 2 and then I hope these images will help you get to the famous hospital.


1. So after getting out of the station through Exit 2, you have to walk towards the direction you're facing. So that's, uh.. east? LOL


2. Cross the first intersection and please be cautious because you're gonna cross a six-lane highway. But there's a pedestrian crossing and if you know how to follow traffic signs, you wouldn't get hurt. LOL


3. On the second intersection, DO NOT CROSS THE STREET YET. Just turn left and there's going to be a much narrower road for you to cross. Safer.


4. Cross the street using the help of a pedestrian crossing. When you do, you're finally just a few steps away from the hospital!


That small street in front of the pedestrian crossing leads to the hospital which picture appears on top of this post. :)




Okay.
So let me make this clear.
This post is not 100% accurate.
But based on some friends who consulted this blog in the past, it seems pretty helpful.
So yeah, follow at your own risk.

Good luck! :)


Feeling grateful?
Share this post to your friends!











IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Wrong with Secretary Kim Filming Locations [IMAGE HEAVY!]

I know I have promised to ID Korean drama filming locations of another Korean drama but I just can't help it with this one. Entitled What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, it is a story of Lee Yongjun ( Park Seojun ), the egoistical and very self-centered vice chairman of the Yunmyung Group, and his secretary, Kim Miso ( Park Minyoung ). So the vice chairman had been very, very dependent on his secretary so when she decided to resign, it took him by surprise and all hell breaks loose. LOL The drama casted KPOP idols Kim Yewon (Jewelry) and Hwang Chansung (2PM) too and I think they're doing good in their current field. <3 I can't help but laugh everytime I see Chansung on my screen. Watch the drama to know why. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The whole story was apparently based on a manga and it's a must to watch this one. It has a light story, and will definitely make you wonder at some points. So it got me hooked easily. And when I get hooked, the locations should b

[Doctor Stranger/닥터 이방인] The Real Myeongwoo Hospital

second photo from kiis3300@Naver International St. Mary's Hospital ( 국제성모병원) Simgoklo 100-gil, 25 Seo-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City 인천 서구 심곡로100번길 25 Three episodes and I'm getting hooked. Putting Lee Jongsuk, Park Haejin and Kang Sora in one drama seems like a fatal thing to me. I love all of them!!! So yeah, I'll be ID-ing Doctor Stranger seriously now. And we'll start with this hospital. As said, it's the International St. Mary's Hospital in Incheon. In the drama, it's named as the Myeongwoo Hospital where Haejin and Sora works. It's quite a big facility considering that it has a housing facility for the residents (Maris Stella) and a mall with an indoor golf course (Wellbeing Mall) within its complex. Amazing, right? I knew all those because of their website. LOL. Visit it here . There's an English feature. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.

[EXO Showtime] EXO Sehun and Kai at Moon Guesthouse

2nd photo from TripAdvisor Moon Guesthouse 87-1 Unni-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울 종로구 운니동 87-1) Aside from going to Seoul, one of my ultimate dreams in life is to stay in a hanok, a traditional Korean house. Since April Kisses days (I was in high school back then!), I have really loved its structure and I even dreamed of living in one. Hehe. Anyway, this is where Sehun and Kai went to for their funny clip in EXO Showtime Episode 8. FOLLOW US FOR MORE UPDATES! IMPORTANT NOTE: This post may not be 100% accurate.